Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Resignation As An Adult

To all my friends,

I hereby officially tender my resignation as an adult. 

I have decided to accept the role and responsibilities of a six-year-old boy. 

I want to eat at hawker stall with kerosene lamps and think of it as it is a five-star restaurant. 

I want to drink ice-cream soda and think of it as the most expensive wine.

I like to move a stick across the sky and see a jet in flight. 

Two sticks in flight and I will have a dog-fight.

The same stick that slides across the muddy puddle will be my Chinese junk.

Then I like to submerge it to become the super submarine that will send chills to all navies.

I like to make stones to skid on water and end their journey with a splash.

I want to run in the rain and swim in the mining holes.

I want to play football with rubber balls and cardboard boxes.

I want to paint with my fingers and eat with my hands.

I like to catch rainbow fish from the drains and lie with my puppies on the front porch.

I want to think that keropoks are better than cash and roasted peanuts better than coins.

I want to return to the simplicity of the kampung and listen to roosters at the breaking of dawn.

I like the village where I can leave my doors open with no fear of robbers or thieves.

I like the spicy aroma of freshly fried kangkong and the fragrance of the smoky kitchen. 

I want to roll on my mama's bed and bite the corners of her pillows.

I like to draw beautiful sketches on the walls and run to hide when mama comes.

I want to leave all the wars, prejudices, injustices, abuses, hungers. diseases and sufferings behind.

I want my Savior to gather me into his arms and say, "Come to me, my child. I love you to come stay with me forever."

Today, I am six again!

“Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. 15 Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.” 16 And he took the children in his arms, placed his hands on them and blessed them. (Mark 10:14-16)

No comments:

Post a Comment