Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Jesus In Your Eyes?

Evangelist Reinhard Bonkke
During the years of our tent crusades in Africa my music-minister Adam Mtsweni and I were looking for a new platform organ and went from shop to shop in the city of Johannesburg. 

It was noon, and there was one more shop we were heading for. On arrival I saw a salesman hanging around during the lunch-break, and I thought he had hardly noticed us. 

My colleague and I went from instrument to instrument, but suddenly that lone salesman stood in front of me. His eyes were wide open and his face as white as a sheet. “Sir”, he stammered, “I can see Jesus in your eyes.” 

I was dumbfounded. “How can this be?” I thought, “a total stranger says he can see Jesus in my eyes?” 

We had something like a revival in the music-shop, and when I left walking to the car I said, “Lord, I will never understand how something like this is possible.” 

Then the Holy Spirit spoke to me “No problem! Jesus lives in your heart, and sometimes he likes to look out of the windows!” 

What a wonderful truth. In John 14:23 “Jesus answered and said unto him, if a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.” 

REINHARD BONNKE

No comments:

Post a Comment